I’ve never had a ritual daily routine for my skin, yes my skin is very sensitive and dry, so I’m constantly applying lotion and ointments. Throughout my battles with eczema, I’ve use numerous types of products that would detain my eczema. Because winter is a very dry and hard time for me, I’ve listed my go-to skin care regimens.
1. Aquaphor- I’ve been using this product for years and years now and this is one of my favorite! It’s the BEST, soothes all kinds of irritated skin and help I have the family size for my bedside, carry-on size for my purse and mini travel size as well.
2. Coconut oil- As you all know, I Love coconut oil I use it on a daily basis for all kinds of use. From hair care, cooking ( http://www.songofstyle.com/2014/11/vegan-and-gluten-free-pumpkin-pancake-recipe.html) to body care (http://www.songofstyle.com/2014/06/coconut-oil-shea-butter-balm.html). I’m very particular on the ones I choose, I look for the pure and unrefined raw coconut oil.
3. Chantecaille Jasmine and Lily Healing Mask- I absolutely love this mask. It is a calming night cream that soften, moisturizes and soothes my skin. It is not only good for my eczema breakouts but from day to day it can simply protect my skin from the effects of stress and sun damage. As soon as I apply it, I could feel that the mask immediately absorbs into my skin. Pretty cool stuff.
4. Skin Inc hydrating mask – I love this one too. Unlike other masks I’ve used, it’s so light (it’s clear!) and easy to apply. I don’t feel like a monster walking around the house. When my skin feels dry, I”ll apply it before I go to bed and wash it off in the morning.
5. Skin Inc pure revival peel- Exfoliate, exfoliate, exfoliate . As much I like saying the word itself, it’s critical to exfoliate during the winter. It gets rid of dead skin cells, oil, dirt and it creates a healthy appearance as well. If you don’t exfoliate, it’ll block from moisturizers to get absorbed properly and your complexion Looking youthful is an important manner woman hitting their 30’s >_< Real talk, it goes a long way if you keep your skin clean and healthy.
6. Dolce and gabbana cleansing oil and foam cleanser- Another important factor in my skin routine. Cleansing! I’ve been using these two since Milan Fashion Week and I can tell the difference on my skin.
7. EOS –EOS is my go to product for chapped lips. I think I go through about 1 each month, I have it all around the house and in my car so I buy it in family packs.
8. La Mer Sunscreen- I slather on my sun screen 365 days of the year. It’s so so important! L.A. has strong UV’s and as much as I LOVE the sun, my skin doesn’t appreciate it much.
9. Aloe- There are tons of great benefits from using or eating Aloe. It contains Vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, B12, C and E, Folic Acid & Naicin. I simply extract the Aloe gel and rub it on dry areas. It is excellent for reducing sunburns, redness, calms acnes and eczema. (You can purchase individual Aloe leaves at Wholefoods)
10. Simple Sugar Coconut Scrub – This simple scrub is one of my favorites. I can use it to wash my face, exfoliate, moisturize and remove my makeup all at once.
So tell me, what are your go to products during the colder months? Any skin rituals you do?