I’m constantly on the go so I love quick and easy recipes that are still healthy and delicious. My favorite breakfast these days is gluten free granola, yogurt and berries so I decided to try my hand at recreating one of my store-bought favorites! I’m excited to get creative and try some more combinations of ingredients to make new flavors. I hope you enjoy!
Prep time: 10 mins
Total time: 35 mins
Serves 3-5 (I literally finished this batch in two days!)
- 3 cups of Gluten Free Rolled Oats
- 4 tablespoons of Organic Raw Honey
- ½ teaspoon of Pure Vanilla Extract
- ¼ teaspoon of Ground Cinnamon
- 1 cup of Shredded Coconuts
- ½ cup of Olive Oil or Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup of Organic Blue Agave Sweetener
- ½ cup of Honey Roasted Almonds
- 3/4 cup of Mixed Dried Berries (chopped)
- 1 cup of Vanilla Organic Yogurt
- ¼ cup each, of chopped Strawberries, Blueberries, Raspberries and Blackberries (or whatever fruit you’d like to put in your yogurt!)
- Pinch of Sea Salt and Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Mint for garnish
3. Season the base with your favorite flavors. I love the classic combination of cinnamon, vanilla, agave, salt and pepper but feel free to add whatever you like. Nutmeg and ginger would be great!
4. Let the oat mixture rest for a few minutes for the flavors to blend together.
5. In the meantime in a small saucepan melt honey and agave syrup together at a very low heat stirring constantly.
6. Slowly pour the Honey and agave mixture into the bowl and stir until the oats, nuts, and coconuts are thoroughly coated.
7. Cover a baking or cookie sheet with a piece of Parchment paper and spread the mixture evenly across the pan.
8. Bake for 30 minutes, stirring your granola about every ten minutes to make sure everything is deliciously toasted to the same color. Your entire kitchen will smell so sweet and yummy!
9. Remove from oven and add in the dried fruits immediately allowing everything to cool together to room temperature. Voila! You have made some delicious gluten-free granola! (I baked mine a tad-bit too long.. oops!)
In a pretty bowl top the yogurt with the berries and granola. I love to garnish everything with a mint leaf, so beautiful and refreshing!